A quick holiday treat… less than 30min.
- 1 cups salted butter softened
- 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon/cardamom
- 2 cups pastry flour
- pre-heated oven to 350 degree
- cream butter with sugar and everything but flour
- mix in flour until just mixed
- smooth onto a silicon baking sheet with a spatula. about 1/4 inch thick in a single rectangle
- stab repeated with fork to make holed pattern, this prevents bubbles and rising.
- pop into a pre-heated 350 degree oven
- bake 12-15 minute until just barely browning on the edge. check often with good lighting
- remove and immediate slide silicon baking mat onto wire rack
- cut into 1 inch by 2 inch rectangles and allow to cool.
- Server and enjoy!
- mix fresh sliced strawberries, yogurts, one spoon of icecream, and blueberries in a bowl to serve with biscuits for a Strawberry Shortcake Surprise !